- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are cookies set by the specific website or other software application You visit i.e. the website displayed in the URL window.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- COOKIE CATEGORIES
The type of cookies used on websites (or other mobile platform software applications) can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide to cookie categories.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable You to move around a website or other software application and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the Asap Services You have asked for (such as access to secure areas) cannot be provided. These cookies don’t gather information about You that could be used for marketing or remembering where You have been on the internet. These cannot be restricted or blocked.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how You use a website or other software application, for example which pages You go to most often and if You get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies You. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website or other software application works. These cookies are not used to target You with online advertising. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Site are performing and make relevant improvements that could better Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
- Functionality & Profile Cookies: These cookies allow a website or other software application to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in) and tailor the website or other software application to provide enhanced features and content for You. For instance, they remember Your login details and allow You to watch videos. They also ensure the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to You. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that You can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track Your browsing activity on other websites (or other mobile platform software applications). Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices You have previously made or personalise Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies gather information about Your browsing habits. They remember that You have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide You with adverts that are more relevant to You and Your interests. Although these cookies can track Your visits to other websites (or other mobile platform software applications), they do not usually know who You are. Without these cookies, online advertisements You encounter will be less relevant to You and Your interests. These can be restricted or blocked.
Cookies on our Site are used for many purposes including but not limited to:
- enabling a Member to Sign-Up on the Site;
- enabling a Member to avail of Our Services;
- recognising Your computer when You visit our Site or Your Device when You use the App;
- improving the Site usability;
- analysing the use of our Site ;
- administrating the Site ;
- preventing fraud and improving the security of the Site ;
- personalising our Site for You;
Below is a full list of the cookies used by Us along with which cookie category they slot in to, whether they are first or third party, what their purpose is and when they expire on Your device:
|COOKIE NAME||TYPE OF COOKIE||FIRST OR THIRD PARTY||PURPOSE||EXPIRE|
|__cfduid||STRICTLY NECESSARY||third||used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from||3 years|
|__utma||TARGETING||third||used by google analytics to track information on your website||22 months|
|__utmz||TARGETING||third||used by google analytics to track information on your website||3 months|
|_ga||TARGETING||first||Google Analytics – statistics about a website’s traffic||2 years|
|_gat||TARGETING||first||Google Analytics – statistics about a website’s traffic||10 minutes|
|cb-enabled||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||first||show or hide cookieBar||3 months|
|vdnaR||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||third||VisualDNA’s patented image-based profiling tool allows users to take control of their online experience, by providing access to advertisements, content and recommendations localised and personalised to them from across the web. http://visualdna.com/privacy-policy||3 months|
|vdnaWidgetMC||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||third||VisualDNA’s patented image-based profiling tool allows users to take control of their online experience, by providing access to advertisements, content and recommendations localised and personalised to them from across the web. http://visualdna.com/privacy-policy||3 months|
|wordpress_test_cookie||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||first||Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled||3 months|
|wp-settings-1||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||first||used to customize view of admin interface or/and the main site interface||to end of the session|
|wp-settings-time-1||FUNCTIONALITY & PROFILE||first||used to customize view of admin interface or/and the main site interface||9 months|
- WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES?
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the Directgov article: Internet Browser cookies – what they are and how to manage them
- WANT TO RESTRICT OR BLOCK ANY COOKIES?
By using our Site , You agree that We can place cookies on Your Device, however, if You would like to restrict or block cookies used on our Site , You will need to change the browser settings in each browser You use and on each Device You use to access the internet. Click here to see full instructions for all browsers
Please be aware that some of our our Services will not function if Your browser does not accept the cookies.
More information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau: Guide to online advertising and privacy
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: ICC UK cookie guide